Heating Assistance Applications Due by March 31
The Ohio Development Services Agency and the Area Agency on Aging, PSA 2 want to remind Ohioans that assistance is available to help with their home energy bills. The Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) provides Ohioans at or below 175 percent of the federal poverty level with a benefit applied directly to their utility or bulk fuel bill, but applications must be received by March 31, 2019.
When applying, make sure to have copies of the following documents:
- Most recent utility bills.
- A list of all household members (including birth dates and Social Security numbers).
- Proof of income for the past 30 days for all household members (12 months of proof of income preferred).
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or legal residency for all household members.
- Proof of disability (if applicable).
Applicants can apply online, download a copy of the application, or find contact information for a local Energy Assistance Provider. Ohioans without income must schedule an appointment with the local Energy Assistance Provider to apply. Click here for providers in the PSA 2 region. Applications are also available at local libraries, county departments of Job and Family Services, and Area Agencies on Aging.
For more information on HEAP, visit the Ohio Development Services Agency website or call (800) 282-0880. Hearing-impaired customers can dial 711 for assistance.