Pursuant to federal regulations, the Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM) is accepting public comment on Ohio’s Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Statewide Transition Plan, which will be submitted to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for final approval. ODM is receiving comments on 59 residential settings that may furnish the assisted living service in the My Care and Assisted Living waivers. The state has determined there is sufficient evidence to demonstrate these settings possess the required home and community-based characteristics and do not have institutional qualities. Evidence packages for these settings will be submitted to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid for heightened scrutiny review.
Click here for additional information.
Comments must be submitted by midnight, December 19, 2018 using one of the following options:
- E-mail: HCBSRemediation@age.ohio.gov
- Written comments sent to: Attn: Heightened Scrutiny Package, Ohio Department of Aging, 1st Floor, Division for Community Living, 246 North High Street, Columbus, OH 43215
- FAX: (614) 466-9812 (Please include Attn. Heightened Scrutiny Packages in the subject line)
- Call toll-free to leave a voicemail message 1 (855) 926-0994
- Courier or in-person submission to Attn: Department of Aging, 246 North High Street, Columbus OH 43215