The Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias Task Force is hosting virtual forums 10am-Noon and 2-4pm this week – July 13, 14 and 15 – seeking public comment from medical professionals, service providers, representatives of healthcare and human service organizations that serve persons living with or impacted by Alzheimer’s Disease or other dementias, persons conducting research on Alzheimer’s and other dementias in Ohio, and representatives from organizations that advocate on behalf of older adults and persons impacted by Alzheimer’s or other dementias. This feedback will be included in a report on initial findings released next month.
The task force seeks input on the following topics:
· The capacity and quality of long-term care and services for persons impacted by Alzheimer’s or other dementias.
· The capacity and quality of healthcare systems in Ohio to adequately meet the needs of persons with Alzheimer’s or other dementias.
· Legal issues and issues of public or personal safety for persons living with Alzheimer’s or other dementias.
· The adequacy of state policies concerning disease prevention, detection and monitoring.
· Disparities in outcomes driven by economic, social or geographic factors.
· Improving early detection, treatment and intervention of Alzheimer’s and other dementias.
Read below for directions on participating:
1. The public forum will take place in a virtual environment. Any information or documentation provided during the forums is public information and can be shared.
2. Each participant will be limited to fifteen minutes, including time for questions.
3. Each participant must register and receive an approximate appointment time for their remarks. Click here to register.
4. Each participant is asked to provide an electronic copy of their prepared remarks. These can be emailed to email@example.com
5. Click here for more information and for session links. (Click on the Public Forums tab).
Approximately ten minutes before the appointed time, participants can join the public comment session.
Please direct any questions about this registration process to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The task force was established by Amended Senate Bill 24 (133rd General Assembly) to examine the needs of individuals diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease or related dementias, the services available in this state for those individuals, and the ability of health care providers and facilities to meet the individuals’ current and future needs. A report will be issued with the task force’s initial findings no later than August 5, 2021.