Be Heard: Complete the Statewide Needs Assessment Survey
The Ohio Department of Aging (ODA) is conducting the 2017 Statewide Needs Assessment Survey to collect Ohioans’ opinions and better understand what matters most to our residents. Perspectives shared through the survey will be combined and put to immediate use as ODA drafts Ohio’s 2019-2022 State Plan on Aging. The four-year State Plan will guide the programs and services for Ohio’s older adults.
The survey allows you to respond anonymously. It consists of easy-to-answer multiple-choice questions and should take about 15 minutes to complete. Survey topics include:
- Health, Wellness, and Prevention: Physical activity, nutrition and food assistance, oral health, vision health, hearing, tobacco use, falls
- Volunteerism: Volunteering status and information
- Caregiver Support: Caregiver status, time commitment, reason for being a caregiver
- Independent Living: Transportation and mobility, assistance with in-home needs, emergency preparedness, best practices for communicating with older adults, isolation, elder abuse, physical environment
- Community: Rural or urban, importance of aging in place
- Demographics: County, age, race, gender, income level, education level, employment status
Click here to take the Statewide Needs Assessment Survey online.
Or, download a printable survey to complete and mail in.
Because survey responses are anonymous, you must complete your online survey in one visit. Your responses will be lost if you close your browser window before completing the survey. Clicking “done” at the end of the survey means that your responses will be successfully saved and recorded in the survey tool. If you accidentally close your window before completing the survey, please start a new survey.
The survey closes on November 30, 2017.