Just as health needs may change from year to year, so do Medicare plan costs and coverage, so be sure to explore your options each fall to see if you can find lower premiums and extra benefits in the following year. Look at all your health plan choices for 2019, including prescription drug plans and Medicare Advantage plans from private insurers.
Medicare Open Enrollment began October 15 and runs through December 7, 2018, so take advantage of the many helpful resources available to do your annual plan review.
- Attend a Medicare Check-Up Day in your county.
- Contact the Ohio Senior Health Insurance Information Program.
- Use the Medicare Mini-Check tool offered by the National Council on Aging.
- Visit the Medicare Plan Finder.
- Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227), Medicare’s toll-free number, but be prepared to wait.
There are also programs that can save you money on prescription medicine and Medicare expenses. For more information about these Medicare savings programs, contact our agency or the Ohio Senior Health Insurance Information Program.